
The newspaper has this contest every week where they publish a random photo, and people are supposed to write in with their best "Headline" for that photo. They took this picture of Audrey on that same sledding excursion and published it as the "Name That Headline" photo. When it was published this week the winning headline as you can read is "Faster Dad, My binky is cold!" I laughed at that one.

Jack had a hard time when his friends went back to school after the Christmas break, and I have been really sick with an obnoxious head cold - sinus infection, so I wasn't up for playing to hard with Jack. My parents gave us an awesome childrens craft book for Christmas so we decided to break it in, during Audrey's naptime. Because paint and cutting doesn't work with a two year old very well. I helped Jack with only part of his and then made Audrey one as well. These Tiger masks have been the toy of the week. Forget all the new Christmas presents - These masks were a hit. Jacks is still in contact and he's quite protective of it. Imagination is the best toy - and Jack loves to imagine in that kind of way. Props or dress-ups to become something or someone else. He can play all day like that. I love it!!


Just some musings on the year 2008. It was a relatively quiet year for our family. We did not move and have no intentions of doing so. Chris did not work a second job at all, just 70-80 hour weeks at his current one. No children were born, though we did attempt to have that happen. No major trips for the family, but I did enjoy my Sisters get-a-way to Las Vegas. Chris received his EMS Instructor Level which is a big deal, but it happened quietly. Neither of us had a change in our callings, just continued on with the current ones. Like I said relatively quiet, but a good year nonetheless. It seems we have taken smaller steps forward rather than leaps, at least it is progression of some kind.
7 comments:
You're famous! How fun! Glad you guys had a good Christmas! Love to see all of the pictures of your kids!
The masks are so cute. What is that book called???
I have to say that Audrey looks so cute. They look like they are having fun sledding, how fun to have it in the paper. I love those little craft books that mom and dad gave. Audrey's little eyes coming out of her mask make he look like she is up to something. I can hear the sounds Jack would be making with them on. How fun!
How cute! That is awesome that the photographer was there! Cute pics! I LOVE the tiger masks! That is a GREAT idea!
That is fun that you got to be in the paper! The caption is funny. Great pictures of the kids with masks on! It is so true, imagination is the best entertainment!
They look so stinkin cute on those sleds. I'm glad the paper was up the canyon that day..
That is so fun that your cute family ended up in the newspaper! I love that the tiger masks were a bigger hit than the new Christmas presents -- isn't that always the case? And I think it's awesome that you've been trying for kids. Hump it up....uh..in a wholesome married sort of way.
Post a Comment