I thought this would be a fun picture to post. It is the families of all my siblings. We used this photo for a few different Christmas gifts, for my parents last Christmas. Clockwise: Fox Family - Phil, Everett, Mason, Katie, Parker, Simon; Bethel Family - Sarah, Scott, Jodie; Tatton Family - Brian, Ethan, Jolie, Sam, Danci, Jonas; - Unsworth Family - Chris, Sheila, Jack, Audrey
Well life is moving forward in our humble home. We have had a number of things going on. Chris and I participated in our wards Road Show. It was a funny spoof on Moses and the Ten Commandments. I was the "Assyrian" who rejected having more commandments, and Chris was "Judah" who was comical with many one liners from movies like "Gone with the Wind" and "Princess Bride." He was very funny, and we both enjoyed participating. We dressed the kids up in traditional costumes and just dragged them around stage with us. It was funny, because at one point I pretended to be bossing Jack around but I whispered to him "I am just acting right now, so I am pretending to be mad at you." He just grinned up at me with his toothless mouth and acted right along. Audrey just played, but it added to the effect of "Children wandering in the wilderness for 40 years." I have thought a lot about doing that and I was again reminded of the time during which Chris and I were dating. We had campfires 2 or 3 times a week, every week, for 10 weeks in a row. Acting like total goofballs in front of hundreds of people is in our blood, in our very nature. What a fun reminder as Chris and I are coming upon our 10 year anniversary, to remember our beginnings. I loved it.
We have all had a time with going to the dentist. I mentioned Chris's excitement with that in an earlier post, but I myself had a turn getting a crown. I didn't need the root canal though, Thank Goodness. Jack was a great boy and got his cleanings all done, no new cavities, but he needed to have some old ones sealed. I didn't know they did that. Good thing, because he is losing his teeth fast and furiously. Besides the two he has already lost, he has another 3 that are wiggly. He is losing them before the new ones have a chance to grow in. I am going to have to cut his food into bite size pieces so he can eat. But we haven't reached that point yet.
Audrey my dear sweet little girl, is toilet training. I hate the word "potty," but everyone uses it so that is actually what Audrey says. We made a deal of it, and bought her some Tinkerbell, and Ariel underwear. She looks so cute in them. We are just in the beginnings of training though, so it is slow going, and I am not stressing about it. We will let her tell us how things should go.
Among other things we are still painting. I swear I will be 50 years old before this gets done. Although it is starting to annoy me. All the stuff off the walls our living room echos, and all the paint props lying around. Let's just do it already!! But, I have to do this alongside my husband, and motivating him to do something he doesn't want to do, is like getting a two year old to sit nicely for two hours. Impossible!! But, I love him!! When it comes to doing something he wants to do - Watch Out!! He's Comin' And blows everything away in his path. Like getting our new car. That's right after two years of only having one car, we finally purchased a fixer-upper. Chris is extremely handy with cars, and enjoys having a project to work on. We purchased an Isuzu Trooper, which needed some repairs. He did most of the repairs by himself, in one day. For less than a hundred dollars. The most expensive part is to replace the windshield. It has a number of full length cracks, but other than that, we should be golden. It will still be our "second" car that we just use around town, but it is so nice to have that. Chris and I are so busy, going different places at the same time. And his job has the most random hours, so this will be very nice.
March 23 2009 - Chris and Sheila's 10 year anniversary!!
7 comments:
I can't believe it has been 10 years for you guys, man we are getting old. I wished Scott a happy b-day the other day and said what are you 33 then I remembered that he is 34 and I am going to be 29 aaaah! Oh well! that road show sounded fun I am sure Jack had a blast. I love the picture also there are some pretty cute kids in there (all 11 of them)
What a fun update. Good luck on the potty training- and on those wiggly teeth!
It's so fun seeing all you guys. Boy has life sped up or what? I swear, the older I get the faster time seems to be speeding up. How do we slow it down? I'm glad all is well with you guys.
Cute family pictures, now I can put faces with names, Good luck with the potty training. Congratulations on your 2nd vehicle and on your 10 year anniversary.
That roadshow sounds like it was a real blast -- I think that is soo cute that Jack just grinned and started acting -- sounds like you have a natural, following after his goofball parents. As I looked over the calendar this month I totally thought of you guys, wondering just how many years it would be on the 23rd. 10 years is awesome! Keep the love alive with those roadshows and the double-crested blue rooster...
wowzers...You and your siblings have such beautiful families. It's crazy to see your family all grown up married with kids. Are you guys doing anything fun for the big #10 anniversary? Our 11th is on the 28th. Not sure what we are doing but it will definately involve gettting a babysitter overnight. Congrats on getting a second car.. FREEDOM!! I really deserve to see you soon.. Have a grat week, okay?
Hi Sheila!!! I just wanted to say hi and that I started a blog,too! It is dhboone.blogspot.com. Anyways! Just wanted to tell my friends that I have become a "modern woman". Haha! See Ya later!
Post a Comment