Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Coolest Son EVER!!


I have so many fantastic conversations with my son. I love that he is in my life. Here is another conversation to remember.
As a setup to the situation. I have been feeling a little "girlie" lately, and decided I wanted some bigger earrings. For those who know me, acting "girlie" just isn't my style. Maybe its the fact that I have a two year old who is a total "girlie girl," or maybe its the fact that I have been in Young Womens for so long. Whatever it is - I have this bug to get some cutsie earrings. Well, I found some on Clearance at Walmart. They are just medium sized hoops, with an intricate design in the metal, very basic, but a good place to start I think. Well, I go into the bathroom, clean them, then put them in and come out to show Jack, and Chris who are watching TV on the couch. This is the conversation.

Sheila: "(Clears throat) Mmmm Hmmm - What do you think?"

Chris: "Huh"

Jack: "WOW, Mom, you look AWESOME!!"

Chris: "Those are big."

Sheila: (Smacks Chris on the shoulder)

Jack: "Mom, I saw some girls on the TV that had earrings like that and they walked liked this."

(Strutting down the hallway, with hips swaying, and arms in a deliberate sway to the side, one foot directly in front of the other)

"You should walk like that Mom."

Sheila: "Alright, like this?" (I then imitate what he just did)

Jack: "Yes, that's right. Now go up and down the hallway and show off for Dad."

"Now, do it again. . . . . . and again. . . . . . and again. . . . ."


What an awesome kid I have. I just played supermodel with my 5 year old.

7 comments:

Kayleen said...

woohoo!! good for you! I don't think that there is anything wrong with being girlie, for sure if you have a diva in the house! hope you have fun being a super model!

Kelli said...

That is fun! Those earings are so cute on you. By the way my class that I got an A- in was Strategies for Online Learning, very easy class really hard to not get an A.

Amanda said...

HAHAHA! Very fun story! And way to go with the earrings--my holes have grown in. I guess that's what I get for not wearing earrings since my wedding day!

Heather said...

That is so funny that he noticed the earrings on the girls on TV. What a crack up! It sounds like he will love seeing the girlie side of you even if Chris doesn't notice!

Annie said...

i think my initial reaction would be similar to chris'. but, i love that you have a girlie girl side...love it!

Terry Family said...

That is sooo fun, Sheila! Jack is such a funny kid -- "walk like this". Sheila -- YOU feeling girly girly? No way. Regardless, you look great with your hoops. Plus I'm sure you'll think of some way to use these earrings as a survival technique on your next campout, right?

Out in the Boonies said...

Ha Ha Too funny, In fact I can't think of what to say I am laughing so hard. I love boys!!!! They make me laugh.