Happy New Year! from the point of writing this we have been in the year 2012 for about 20 minutes. But that is not the reason for my post. My camera is broken and I haven't been able to get any pictures this holiday season. But hopefully my words can create a mental picture just as good.
My parents have been here visiting for the holiday. We have had a lot of fun, laughing and playing and talking. Norah started calling Grandpa "Daddy." It was so sweet to see her reach for them and choose them over a parent. She has not done that yet, and its always a milestone when they get there. (FYI, my parents live in Roswell, NM and Chris's live in England, so the babies have to relearn these relationship each time.)
Well, this evening I was putting around, cleaning up the house and getting ready for church tomorrow. The kids were bathed and ready for bed. When I rounded the corner and saw this picture; On the love seat, Chris cuddling with Norah reading her an animal book and making roaring sounds at every picture. On the chair was Grandpa with Jack cuddled into him listening attentively to a book about football. And on the couch Audrey was cuddled into Grandma's arm listening to a princess story.
It was a beautiful sight! Some of the most important people in my life, cuddling together, and loving each others presence. I am so grateful they are in my life, and I thank my Heavenly Father for the wonderful blessing of Eternal Marriage and Eternal Families. Tonight, there was a touch of heaven right here in my home, and I loved every minute of it. My parents will be heading home in about 5 hours from now, and I think it was the most wonderful way to spend the evening.
1 comment:
awww! that is sweet!
Post a Comment