Friday, September 19, 2008

Audrey's 2nd Birthday




Our baby just turned 2. How time flies. We had a fun day celebrating, she woke up to presents and ripped them open in a minute, all the while Jack was complaining that he couldn't open any. Then I actually had to teach preschool in the morning. Which Jack complained all the way through, then after Naps (Jack, Audrey, and Dad) we went into Salt Lake to get Audrey a Build-A-Bear monkey. Monkey's are her favorite thing, so to go along with her Curious George movie and cake, we got her a monkey. She named it "Schmonkey" It is her new best friend, and if she needs comfort, she now has to have her Schmonkey along with her "Gicky" (her blanket) and her "Dummy" (her pacifier) and her "Mama" (That would be me, Mom). It was a good day. She is strong willed and independant, but I remember the age of 3 being worse for Jack, so I am still waiting the real attitude to appear in about a year, and I am not calling it the terrible two's because I know it just gets better.
Chris got his paycheck today, and logged 144 hours in the last two weeks. In case math is hard, that would be about 72 hours in one week. It is no wonder I am possessive of his time when he is home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good good good......

LORI said...

what a cute cake.. did you make it?

Katie Fox said...

I love the cake did you make it? She is so big I love the dress mom made. you have only had your blog a couple of week and I love it. I love getting to see these thing that you talk, about keep it up OK. Love ya big sis

Amanda said...

Yay! I'm so excited you have a blog! It's so fun to see pics of your fam! It made my day! I can't believe how big Audrey is--she couldn't be any cuter! She looks so much like you! And Jack has really grown up--what a handsome little devil! So fun!

Annie said...

looks great sheila! i'm impressed! 144 hours? jeez! bless you, and chris:)