Saturday, November 29, 2008

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

I had quite and enjoyable Thanksgiving this year. This was the 'off' year for our family, so originally we didn't have anywhere to go. I really don't mind, we just planned on going to Marie Calendar's or something like that for dinner. Since, my husband doesn't put to much stock into this holiday. Because us Americans were basically traitors to England, then made a holiday out of it. No, he is a good sport. Plus, he loves good food. Anyway, my brother invited us to his house down in Provo. They have just one daughter who is Jacks age. This is the only cousin who is Jack's age, her name is Jodie. So we went down for a nice, small, and quiet Thanksgiving dinner, just 4 adults and and 3 kids. We arrived about 12:30 PM, then spent the next little while finishing up the dinner. We sat down around 2:00 and had the best food. The turkey, was fabulous! The company, and conversation was awesome. After dinner, we played the game Apples to Apples. I played this at a girls night a few weeks ago, and fell in love with it. So I borrowed the game from my friend Annie Palmer, and took it down with us. We had a lot of fun, Scott won the game. Afterward, we all went and saw the new Disney movie "Bolt." It was O.K. Jack enjoyed it, and Audrey got bored after about 45 min. So I spent most of the time running around the movie theater. Literally doing laps, around the circular complex. Every now and then, we would stop and I would watch Audrey, run circles around a column, or play with the water fountain. Finally, she sighed and asked to be picked up. We went back in the theater and finished the last 10 minutes. Ahhh! Movies with toddlers! It could be a movie in and of itself.

This is Jack (4) wearing a Santa hat, and because we only had one hat, Audrey (2) is actually wearing a stocking on her head, to be like her brother.


Jack (4) had to have his picture taken with "His" dog, Bisto (4).


Audrey, (2) was so cute. Here she is playing with all the unused, old stockings and santa hat. She played for a long time like this.

Friday, after Thanksgiving, we set up Christmas. It was so much fun. Our tree has the bragging rights of a family with young kids, and we love it. We went to Walmart and for a few things, (no, not toys), and my husband saw this stable. He thought it would be perfect for my nativity scene. My nativity is about 40 years old, it was given to me by my Grandma Jones, who is now deceased. I love it, but it is a white ceramic, so when you have white, or off white walls, it disappears. The stable adds some color, and highlights the Christ child with Mary and Joseph. I then bought some green fabric, and made some background to go behind them. It helps alot, though the background still needs some work.
My children keep pretending they are presants, and hiding under the tree telling me to "open me up, and take out the toys." They are being really cute.
I am so excited for out sister trip to Las Vegas. I can't even think about anything else. I still have to go to a meeting tomorrow, help Jack with his talk, teach a lesson, and pack. I am going to be so giddy tomorrow. I just can't wait.
VEGAS BABY! VIVA LAS VEGAS! WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS, STAYS IN VEGAS!

4 comments:

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Thanks for sharing you blog with me! All Danci talks about is your Vegas trip! Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Amanda said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your brother! We had a small dinner at my house this year-with just Hilary and Seth and his wife Melinda. Michaels' parents didn't do a dinner this year so I had it at my house-just to have something to do! When are you going to Vegas? Tell Katie "hi" for me!

LORI said...

Sounds like you've been having a great time.. When is your trip.. I'm getting off the computer to call you right now.. Has anyone ever told you that your kids are adorable???

Annie said...

you giddy?? i just don't see it! i'm glad your thanksgiving was nice. i hope your trip is fantastic!!! i can't wait to hear all about it!