Monday, November 3, 2008

YWIE 2008

Well, last night we had a very successful Young Women in Excellence. I love it when things just flow right. The program for last night was planned entirely by inspiration, and went exactly as planned. The spirit was there, and all was good. We had tables for the girls to put there displays on, then for the program, I gave a talk, so did our Bishop. Then, the Young Women recited, mostly memorized, the Proclamation on the family, then each girl was given a minute to answer the question of how she had strengthened herself during the year, then time was given to those who had any performances or slideshows or something. Then we closed and had refreshments. Short, simple, to the point, but exactly how it should have gone.
I love working toward things like this, and this has been a huge part of my life the last month. I am glad its over, and I can enjoy the holidays now, one reason I had it early in the month. Then after Christmas is over, I will start planning New Beginnings. But of course this week, I still am looking forward to the Fireside, and Guy Fawkes Night.
I had a lot of fun at Super Saturday, I made a Family Home Evening Board, and Christmas Crackers, which is very traditional in England. A tradition we have wanted to keep up, but they are so expensive to buy, but now I know how to make them, so we will do it every year from now on.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds like a sucess, it was so good to see you and everyone else on saturday I am glad my mom invited me.

Annie said...

sounds fabulous. i'm sure you did a great job! you always do. i look forward to saturday!!

Kayleen said...

Its good to know that you can handle things like this, and gives me courage to attack mine too... Good Job!

Heather said...

That's great that everything went so well on Sunday. It sounds like it was a really neat program. I still remember a couple of my YWIE nights.

Saturday was a lot of fun. I'm glad you did the things you wanted to do. We are looking forward to this Saturday also!

LORI said...

So did you end up displaying the boards that the girls were making. I'm sure that everything was perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys this Saturday..