Of course we always hit up Mount Rushmore when going to Grandma's and Papa's house. Unfortunately we always seem to go in the winter, when the trail up against the mountain is closed. I have only been able to do it once. Oh well! It is still a majestic thing to see. This time we had been playing so hard, that Audrey fell asleep in the car on the way, and I didn't have the heart to wake her up. Papa was also feeling a bit off that day, so he stayed in the car with Audrey and they both took a nap, while Chris, Jack, Grandma and I went into Mount Rushmore.
We also went to see the Crazy Horse Monument. I have never been here before and felt a little deceived. Every single postcard shows a picture of Crazy Horse being finished. Well, its not! Only the face is done, not including the hair. It was cool to see, but I was less than impressed, but I felt that way.
1 comment:
that is soooo cool. I would love to take my kids to Mt. Rushmore. I have never seen it in person either. What a cool place for your parents to live.
Post a Comment