As all of you know, I detest Halloween. BUT, I let my children enjoy themselves. This year we did it a bit differently. Tooele City, puts on a Main Street Trick-or-Treat. I think it is fantastic. Because we do that, then we are done. The last couple of years, we have maybe received 5 trick-or-treaters. To me that is just not worth it. So I turned off the outside lights, put a sign on the door, just to be safe, and put on a candy treasure hunt for the kids. Then before they got sick on candy, we had a Pumpkin Pizza, from Papa Murphy's and watched "Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." And that was our Halloween. It was fun, we all enjoyed it.
Both Jack and Audrey were "Rock Stars," but all the onlookers, thought they were "Guitar Heros."

I cut the guitars out of cardboard, then I had Jack and Audrey paint their own. Then after they dried I drew on the strings, and attached a sling.

Here they both are acting like rock stars. They are so darn cute. Oh, and I painted on their faces as well.

Audrey and Jack posing at the picture booth and the Elders Quorum Halloween Party.

They had a pumpkin carving contest, and this is Jack with his masterpiece. He is trying to smile like the pumpkin. He told me that is what he was doing when I took the picture.

2 comments:
I love your updates Sheila! What a cute idea to have the kids decorate part of their Halloween costumes. It sounds like you've started some fun traditions at your house to make a not so fun holiday (for you) fun! Good for you.
those are the cutest guitars ever. I love the costumes. you are such a creative lady.
Post a Comment