This morning I laid Norah on the floor to kick around and Audrey came to play with her. She does this often. It was absolutely the cutest thing. Audrey pulled this book off the shelf brought it over and sat down by Norah. My kids love to act out the actions as we read this. She has the book memorized, and as she was reading the book she would do the actions herself, then she would "help" Norah do the actions herself. Norah is only two months old, she doesn't do anything by herself except wiggle. So Audrey was helping her, stomp her feet, wiggle her hips and touch her toes. It was so precious. I don't know if Audrey was playing along with Norah, or if Norah was the play toy. I loved it.Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Beautiful Moments
Have you ever read the book "From Head to Toe" by Eric Carle? Well it is a favorite in our home. The book goes through the motions of different animals. "An elephant stomps his feet. Can you do it?" Or "A donkey kicks his legs. Can you do it?" You get the idea.
This morning I laid Norah on the floor to kick around and Audrey came to play with her. She does this often. It was absolutely the cutest thing. Audrey pulled this book off the shelf brought it over and sat down by Norah. My kids love to act out the actions as we read this. She has the book memorized, and as she was reading the book she would do the actions herself, then she would "help" Norah do the actions herself. Norah is only two months old, she doesn't do anything by herself except wiggle. So Audrey was helping her, stomp her feet, wiggle her hips and touch her toes. It was so precious. I don't know if Audrey was playing along with Norah, or if Norah was the play toy. I loved it.
I snapped this photo the other day, because I had to remember what Jack said when I took it. He was hugging both his sisters and said "I am so lucky to have two sisters!" That just made my heart melt. He is so sweet to his sisters, and takes very good care of them. I love this statement, because when we told Jack what the sex of our new baby was going to be, he broke down and cried. We spent the next few months convincing him that it would be alright. I love that boy!
This morning I laid Norah on the floor to kick around and Audrey came to play with her. She does this often. It was absolutely the cutest thing. Audrey pulled this book off the shelf brought it over and sat down by Norah. My kids love to act out the actions as we read this. She has the book memorized, and as she was reading the book she would do the actions herself, then she would "help" Norah do the actions herself. Norah is only two months old, she doesn't do anything by herself except wiggle. So Audrey was helping her, stomp her feet, wiggle her hips and touch her toes. It was so precious. I don't know if Audrey was playing along with Norah, or if Norah was the play toy. I loved it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aawwwww!!
Those really are precious moments. Those are the kind of moments that make you feel so GREAT about being a mom. :)
when he's a teenager, he may not appreciate 2 sisters. so save this!!! i sure love your cute kids!
Post a Comment