Monday, July 12, 2010

Girls Nights

Father and Sons Campout? Lads and Dads Camp? Whatever. GIRLS NIGHT IN!! This is the first year I actually planned to do something fun with the girls when Chris and Jack went to the Father and Sons campout. Audrey is old enough now to plan something that can actually hold her attention - for a little while anyway. And Norah, well, she was just showering us with her cuteness the whole night.

(Ignore the dates on the photos, these all took place in May of 2010)
We had a PINKALICIOUS PARTY!!

I baked some PINK cupcakes, then Audrey and I frosted and decorated them with PINK frosting and PINK sprinkles and PINK writing gel, and mini M&Ms. Not to mention all the pink Audrey was wearing.

Then of course, we ate them till we were sick. Unfortunately, neither one of us actually turned pink, but we sure gave it a try.

Look at what a fantastic artist she is. She wasn't interested in actually spreading the frosting so she directed me to do that, then she lovingly applied the sprinkles and gel. She kindly requested that I draw an "A" for Audrey, a "J" for Jack, and a "D" for Dad on three of the cupcakes.

Then I purchased some PINK-ish nail polish and let Audrey give us a pedicure. Don't you think she did a fabulous job?!? I wore it proudly.

Then she gave us each a manicure. Again, what a wonderful job she did.

Here are her nails, both hands, all finished.

Don't worry, we didn't forget about Norah. I got two fingers done, before I realized that is probably wasn't such a good idea to paint the nails of a 4 week old baby.
What an adventure we had!! It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what kind of mischief we get into next year!!

1 comment:

Katie Fox said...

Jealous! :) Love you!