Monday, September 20, 2010

Audrey turns 4

Happy Birthday, to my sweet girl Audrey!! 4 years ago on September 18th, 2006 at precisely 2:18 PM we welcomed this amazing person into our lives. She has been a wonder, a joy, and a blessing to us all. Here are a few things, I love about my big girl:


1. She is my cuddlebug. I love to be cuddled, to have someone close to me whenever I can. She cuddles so well, she loves to be tickled and she is willing to tickle in return. I have taken many naps with her cuddled into me and I love it.

2. She sings. She sings everything. She sings songs that she likes on m iPod, she sings Primary songs, and she sings her own impromptu songs about whatever she happens to be doing at the time. She sings to me and her sister all day long. She dances quite often as well, and as long as you dance along with her, she doesn't get shy. Although, she is OK with performing for you every once in a while.

3. She is incredible smart. She is so interested in all of Jacks homework. She wants to read all his books. My favorite phrase that she says, which makes me stop what I am doing to help her no matter what is "Mom, teach me, please." How can someone resist that? I can't.

4. Her complete, absolute, undeniable independance. People might say: "Oh, its just her age," or "She will grow out of it." Well I hope not! I hope she keeps it forever, that she uses that independance to keep herself unique and individual from the world. That when others choose wrong she will choose right. I love it and I hope I am able to foster it for her in her life.

We had a fun day celebrating her birthday. We opened all her presents in the back of an ambulance, as Dad was working, so we joined him for the celebration. We had lunch at McDonalds and saw the movie Nanny McPhee Returns, and stuffed ourselves with Popcorn. Later that night, we were able to cake, with Dad when he came home. All day long Audrey kept asking "Am I still 4?" She was so sweet and enjoyed sharing all her goods and fun with her brother and sister.
I love you Audrey. Happy Birthday Sweetie!

2 comments:

Katie Fox said...

Happy Birthday Audrey!!!

Annie said...

how could anyone not love her?! she is adorable. happy birthday audrey!