Friday, August 20, 2010

Moments. . . .

Our happy little family. . . . .



Audrey's Sayings:
"Mom, can I put on my swimming soup?" (swimming suit)
"Can I watch a DVDV?" (DVD)

Jacks Sayings:
"I love you Norah."
"Can I play, Can I ride my bike, Can I build a clubhouse, Can I climb the tree, When is playgroup, ?"

On August 18th 2010 Norah took her first bites of solid food. She loved it and ate with such gusto we all laughed at her, but she gagged on it as well. Next time I will make the rice cereal even more thin then it already was.

My little sister gave me a cricket and I am having a fabulous time using it to make the posters for my calling as Activities Committee Chairman.

The Cheesecake Factory has the best ever Chicken Salad Sandwich. The flavor completely surprised me. It was fantastic and it was the biggest sandwich I have ever seen.

Even though I am lactose intolerant I just can't seem to give up the ice cream, or the cheesecake for that matter. I just pay the price for it.

Life is so good right now, I am very happy, I feel in control of the things I have control over, like my home, meals, cleaning, my calling. And I feel that I am responding well to that which I can't control. I am blessed to feel so well these days.

I am grateful for my husband, he is a wonderful man, and I am blessed to be married to him.

Jack starts first grade in a couple of days, and I am happy with the teacher he got. I am excited to see how this year plays out and only having my girls home during the day.

My parents have moved from Rapid City, South Dakota to Roswell, New Mexico. Neither one of them liked Rapid, but its a bit surreal for them being in Roswell. My Mom lived in that area growing up, and my Dad served his mission there, and his Mom, my Grandma lived in that area later in life. I grew up making the trip to go see Granny once a year. I am excited to go visit them. No plans yet, but as soon as we are able, we will.

We got a new dog about 6 weeks ago. We named her Oxo after the english bouillion cube. She is such a cute dog, and looks so much like Bisto. Very good natured and doesn't run off. She is the kind of dog, I was hoping Bisto to be 5 years ago. We still love Bisto very much and she lets Oxo know exactly where her place is in the family. Having not had a puppy for a while, we are right in the stage of her chewing on EVERYTHING!! It is very frustrating, but it is just a matter of time before she grows out of it.

2 comments:

Terry Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well for you guys right now -- you deserve it. :) Learning to control the things that you can control, and learning to tolerate the things that you CAN'T control is a very hard lesson, indeed. It looks like you have mastered it, my friend -- maybe you could teach me one day.:)

Your new dog looks so much like Bisto! I couldn't believe those pictures! Good luck to Jack in his big 1st grade year, and to you with your all-girl daily surroundings.

Heather said...

Cute post! I love all of the little memories you guys make. I'm glad you are happy Sheila. You are such an awesome friend! You deserve the best!