Friday, October 1, 2010

Our BYU Football Game

In this picture: (Back Row) Chris, Sheila, Norah, Scott, Gabby; (Front Row) Jack, Audrey, Jodie
So once upon a time two people fell in love and got married. 5 years after they were married, they bore a son, who we will call Jack. Well Jack grew to be a strong, active young man, with many talents and interests. One day he learned about a game called football, and wanted to nothing more than to learn about this fascinating game. But someone forgot to tell this handsome young boy that the two parental figures in his life - hate - this game. They know none of the rules, and think the players are a little wussy wearing all the padding, comparatively speaking of other games like soccer, and rugby. But these parents loved this boy, and chose to forgo their own dislikes and try to please him. So they called UNCLE SCOTT!!! Now, Uncle Scott is a man who knows his stuff, and he agreed to take this boy and his family to their very first BYU Football Game!!
Alright, as you may have guessed this little story is about us Unsworth's. And the story is entirely true, not a single thing is false about it. We did call Uncle Scott and he set up for us a fabulous day. It was quite memorable. Uncle Scott grew up going to every BYU football with our Grandma Jones who was a season ticket holder. So he has many memories of being with Grandma and the things they would do.
Auntie Sarah was fabulous, she offered to watch Norah while we went. Which made the game for us much more enjoyable. She also surprised us all with matching T-shirts and hats. I wanted to be twins so bad before we left, but settled on just all wearing dark blue shirts. So I got so excited about that. She even bought a cute outfit for Norah, and I just want to kiss her face when I see this picture.
We arrived in time to watch the marching band stop at the cougar just outside the stadium and play. Oh, it was so much fun. I used to be in the marching band in Jr. High and High School. I enjoyed so it was cool to watch them, I got really excited seeing the piccolo flute. Such memories it brought back to me.
Although we lost the overall game Jack loved watching the 13 points we did get, all the tackles and dogpiles that went on. Occasionally he got bored and lost interest. But after only a few minutes he went right back to watching the game.
Audrey on the other hand, spent most of her time playing with her cousin Jodie. Then, of course when she got to bored she actually fell asleep. Oh well, she had fun in her own way.
We had fun with the game and some memorable things happened. Just as the game finished and we were leaving. Jack noticed that "Cosmo" the mascot was right at the end of our section. So we ran over there and were able to get some pictures with him. My niece Jodie, who has been to a few games already said, "That's the closest I have ever been to him." What a treat for us, on our very first visit.
And one very funny thing that just can't be forgotten is Jack and Jodie. These two are the same age. And it has always been fun to do things with them because of it. Jodie, is a very loving girl who enjoys showing affection. Jack, is a boys boy, and is very aware of the awful disease girls carry called "cooties." As we were walking to the game Jodie kept trying to hold Jacks hand, but he wasn't really interested in letting her. Being the patient boy that he is, instead of just not holding Jodie's hand, he simply held his hand in this tight fist and Jodie awkwardly tried to hold onto that. Scott and I laughed ourselves silly, watching this interaction. Later that night, he must have forgotten to be on the defense, or rather Jodie's persistence paid off, and I snapped this shot of them holding hands, not fists. Jodie Won!! Yay!!
We all enjoyed the day immensely. Thank You Uncle Scott for for putting the day together for us. We love you!!

2 comments:

Katie Fox said...

I just want to kiss Norahs cheeks as well. That picture of Jack and Jodie is so precious!

Terry Family said...

What a fun evening! It sounds like you guys went all out! I'm sure that Jack was in absolute HEAVEN. I'm glad that you had such a fun time(even though you HATE football and it certainly would've been SO much better if you attended a University of Utah game). :)