Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

I need to blog, too simply put something up. We had a good Relief Society Activity last night and she mentioned quickly an "Attitude of Gratitude." I seem to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today and I am not feeling the happiest. So lets see if choosing to think about who and what I am thankful for helps pick me up.

I am thankful for my calling. I absolutely love being the Primary Chorister. I love having something to research, ponder, and put together through the week. I feel it makes my days more interesting and gives me something small to look forward to everyday.

I am thankful for the profession my husband has chosen. We will never be rich, or even moderately well-off. But we afford that which we need to. It definitely keeps us humble. But I am proud that he has this skill to help everyone. I am proud that he is friendly, and approachable enough, (although, extremely sarcastic) that people feel they can ask him for help. It is a unique talent, and I am grateful to have it in our home.
I am thankful for my baby Norah. She is so happy, and content. She loves this family and shows it through it big smile, laughter, and patience with being tossed around. She has perfectly rounded our family out and has made us complete. Her presence makes me happy and uplifts all of us with her milestones.
I am thankful for Audrey. Where would I be without my little bug. She is my constant companion. I love her presence wherever I go. She always has to sit right next to me, cuddled into my side. She follows into the kitchen to help with food, and follows me downstairs to talk while I work. She helps with laundry, cleaning, folding, cooking, Norah, Jack, and many other things. She sings, she writes, she smiles and is the most perfect little 4 year old girl there ever could be.

I am thankful for Jack. What the little man he is. Constantly watching out for his family. He brings such happiness and joy into our days. He loves to learn, and loves to exercise the body he was given. What an example he is to get out and enjoy this world. Hot or cold, does not bother him. Rain, Shine, Fog, or Snow is perfect weather to go out. I need to return to that kind of thinking, and I think he can show me how.
I am thankful to be living here in Tooele. I moved a lot growing up. After the age of 13 I never spent more than 3 years in one place. It unknowingly made me feel unattached. But I feel such a stability here, a real neighborhood, with friends that are like family. I love my ward. I love going to Walmart and seeing 4 or 5 people I know in one quick trip. I love borrowing an egg, if I am short or lending a cup of sugar to someone else. We only have one car, and I don't ever feel left out because I can't drive on occasion, people are so willing to help. I am so thankful for that its indescribable.

I am thankful for doctors and medicine. To have safely brought me through a rough time and have put me on the mend and not just surviving, but thriving.

I am thankful for my doggy-wogs, who force their love and attention on me. They sure keep life fun and interesting.
Lastly, for this post anyway, but in no way for my complete list, is I am thankful for my little craft room. I love having a place to disappear into and get lost in my own world. Working on my crafts and projects, while watching my shows. Heaven will consist of a room like this for everyone, with an unlimited list of British Romantic dramas and musicals to watch while working.

Oh, wait. Most important. I am thankful for the gospel. I would be lost without it. I know my Savior loves me, that he died for me. I am thankful to have this knowledge in times of trial. It gives me hope and reason for continuing on as a Mother and wife and person in this world.

1 comment:

Annie said...

you better make this blog thing a regular thing! i love hearing from you. and i love your cute family:)