Saturday, October 18, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

What a fun week I have had. I enjoy weeks that I have a lot going on, and weeks that I don't, this week I enjoyed being busy. Mutual on Wednesday was a lot of fun, we went around to different people in the ward and did service projects at their houses. Then afterward we came back and had hot chocolate and donuts. Then, because we met early for mutual to have extra daylight, we had volleyball practice after. Thursday night, we had a volleyball game. Actually, we had two. Back to back games. We played and lost the first game, then the second game the other team didn't show up, So everyone was their and someone asked if the parents and leaders could play against the girls. I had so much fun, so everyone played. We played with nine people on each team. I haven't played an actual game of volleyball in years and I really enjoyed it. Friday Night, was Girls Night. A bunch my friends met at one of our houses and had homemade Lasagne, Which was the best thing I have ever eaten. Then stayed up talking until 1:00 in the morning. I love that kind of stuff. Women need to talk, without interruption, to other women. We will keep having our Girls nights, because I love it. Then on Saturday, I had to get up at 6:00 in the morning to go do Baptisms for the Dead. Yes, I didn't get to bed until 1:30 and I was TIRED!! But I love being with our YW they are the best in the world. And their energy kept me awake and moving. I love this calling, it is so demanding, and time-taking. But it is so rewarding as well. We are getting ready for our Young Women in Excellence, so I am a little more busy getting those preparations done. We have an awesome opportunity to go watch and be part of the taping for a Youth New Year's Eve Fireside, put on by the First Presidency. It is only for the girls and their leaders. No parents. It is awesome that this calling let's me participate in something like this, even though it for the youth. Who would pass up an opportunity to hear the prophet speak? Well, life is good. I have already started Christmas shopping, so I don't break the bank or go into debt for it. I am happy and moving on from things. Thanks everyone for all your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy, Busy, Busy! You go girl. You and the fam look awesome. Your life sounds fabulous and Jack has changed so much. You were made for that calling and I'm envious. I'll be keeping tags on your blog...thanks for the invite to be part of your life. Miss you.

Heather said...

You are busy Sheila. But it sounds like a really good busy. I loved our Girl's Night. It was so much fun. We will definitely keep having them. The Young Women are so blessed to have a leader like you. I know you have been a great influence on them. I'm so glad you are doing good!

Kelli said...

Sound like so much fun. I miss those Young Women, they are so fun. Tell them Hi for me. I am still in Young Womens inour new ward and it is so much fun.