Saturday, October 25, 2008

Family Photos Week






What another fun filled week. Audrey got sick on Wednesday and spent the day throwing up, after Chris gave her some medicine to stop that, it started coming out the other end. I felt so bad for her. Her energy didn't seem to waiver though, she just played right on through being sick. We bought her some powerade to rehydrate her, and that is just as good as Kool-Aid in her mind, so she loved it. By the way, powerade, gatorade, and pedialyte are all the same thing, remember that and save some money next time. So she got better, but passed it along to Chris and I. Friday morning Chris started with it really bad. I never got as bad as him, but I had a slight temperature, and those horrible body aches all day. I didn't ever have an appetite, but I finally forced something down about 4:00 in the afternoon and started to feel better after that.

Saturday, Jack went to the Primary Program practice, and I went with the youth to do service hours at D.I. A week or so ago, I didn't really want to go, but after thinking about it, I thought it might be kind of fun. I enjoyed it immensely. I priced and sorted out shoes. It was kind of fun, because I was looking for any shoes in the sizes of my family. I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Then Saturday afternoon, we took family pictures. My dear friend Lori Welch (Yes, you are dear to me) came and took the pictures for us. Family pictures can be the most dreaded thing, especially outside. But we survived and made off with a bunch of cute pictures. Those are the pictures above.

Halloween is in a few days, I suppose we will try to put on happy faces for the kids. I wouldn't mind doing away with this holiday. Maybe I will try to start a new holiday instead - The "I don't want to have to buy candy for other kids, and have my own come home all high on sugar, and wear our own clothes because I hate costumes" holiday. We can celebrate by doing exactly what was stated. I am sorry I am so much of a halloween grinch. Sometimes I wish I could like it more, but I just don't.

I am looking forward to the first week in November a lot things going on out Young Women in Excellence, Being a part of a taping for a fireside by the First Presidency, having our attic insulated, a trip to Salt Lake and GUY FAWKES NIGHT!!

9 comments:

Kayleen said...

Cute Pics! Your babies are getting so big! Sounds like you are packed full of things to do for the month, I'll be lurking on the blog to see what it is...

Katie Fox said...

Jack looks so old Sheila, tell him to stop growing I can't stand it. I'll join your new holiday I feel the same way. where do you find the cool back grounds for your blog page, I don't know how to do that.

Katie Fox said...

oh I forgot to write something. You guys have that whole boy looks like dad, girl looks like mom thing going on. How fun

Heather said...

I love your pictures! What a wonderful background for you family pictures. I just love the Fall. I'm a in the middle Halloween fan. I don't mind some of the things that go on but when you are going to your 4th or 5th Halloween party in a week it gets old.

We are excited for your party! It sounds like your November will be a good one!

LORI said...

The pictures turned out pretty good. Sorry I'm not a better photographer. You guys look really great. I'm looking forward to "Guy Fawkes Day" too.

Amanda said...

The family pictures turned out great! How fun! We need to get ours done! This is great motivation!

Kayleen said...

SHEILA! You are a life saver! Thank you for going to all the trouble for me to figure out what to do with my complicated life of feeding people! It is for Enrichment. They for some reason decided that I could run the joint, and so here I am... I think that you gave me some really great guide lines, and I think they will work! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!

Rosalie said...

Cute!!! I love it! You have such a cute family!

Annie said...

oh sheila, i HATE halloween. i just don't get it. luckily i only have a husband to entertain, and it doesn't take much to please him! whew! your family is beautiful! we are looking forward to the party too. i don't know of anything english! except maybe fish and chips, does that count???