On Saturday, April 10th 2010 our four member family woke up just like any other day. Almost. . . we had a plan to turn that four member family into a five member family. We drove Jack and Audrey out to my sisters house to stay for a couple nights. Then Chris and I drove back to Tooele and started exercising. Being nine months pregnant, I ran up and down the stairs about 4 times and almost died. Then we went on a very long walk. I am a slow walker anyway, so I hung onto Chris and told him to drag me along at his pace. After that walk, which made me physically sick, we hopped into the car and went off to the hospital.
We were admitted to have the baby, but they wouldn't let me progess to quickly because I had to get a few doses of penicillin. At 4:30 PM they broke my water and the contraction started coming slowly. By 5:30 I was ready for the epidural, which didn't work properly the first time. It only worked on half my body. So half my belly was nice and numb and the other half was feeling every contraction. Kind of a weird feeling. To fix this problem they took it out and put it in again a little higher up my spine. Ah. . . . relief. By this time it was 6:30-ish. Just after 7:00 I was very uncomfortable and told the nurse, I think the epidural is messed up again. She did all the fiddling she could then noticed she couldn't read the baby on the monitor. She decided to check to see how far along I was. "Wo!" she says, "If you feel like pushing - DON'T" I was ready to have the baby. The doctor came and Chris and the doctor quickly got prepped to deliver a baby.
Dr. Krista Anders was fantastic. Chris has asked all three doctors if he could help deliver the baby. This was the only time he was able to. She was very calm and talked Chris through the whole process. She was right there with him, but Chris did the work and delivered our baby. What an awesome thing for us to be able to say that!
So at 7:15 PM with only two pushes from my end Norah was born. 9 lbs .01 ounces and 21 inches long. I did not rip or tear or anything. Which made recovery a lot easier. She is a beautiful baby. We are seeing a lot of red in her hair and other features. As with Jack and Audrey she is looking after her fathers side.
We went home the next day. But again following after Jack and Audrey, she had problem with Jaundice. It took all of my effort not to freak out with Norah after our experience with Audrey. Norah was only on the lights for 6 days. But she hated them, and my nerves were a little shot forcing her to be there. But she pulled out of it and we all were much happier.
Grandma Bethel came out for a week to help me recover and boy was she needed. Thank You Grandma!!
We love our new addition and are very, very blessed to have her. Our family is now complete. Jack and Audrey absolutely adore her. They want to take care of her and play with at all times.
Norah, we love you, welcome to the family.
4 comments:
She's adorable and oh so sweet! I love that I can come and get my baby fix so close to my home. I'm so glad everything went smoothly. What a blessing!
OH, OH, OH, OH I want to kiss those little cheeks. Tell Norah Autie Katie is coming in LESS than a month to kiss all over her precious face!!!!
Congratulations! Norah is beautiful! I think it is really cool that the doctor let Chris deliver the baby -- that is really special. I'm so glad that things went so well for both you and the baby (despite the jaundice). I've been thinking about you -- thinking about you on your wedding anniversary, and then wondering how the delivery went. I'm excited for you and your little family. Jack and Audrey look so proud. :) Congratulations, once again!
i agree with heather:)
i am so glad everything is good. she is such a great baby! lucky for her mom. congrats.
Post a Comment