
This is a picture of Jack and Sheyla Davis one day playing Fireman and Paramedic
Monday I learned how to make homemade Laundry soap. I was quite intrigued by this idea, a little leary, but intrigued. We made it there together, then were able to take some home with us, to try - see if we like it. Turns out, I love it. I was worried about the smell. I wanted my laundry to smell clean and fresh, and it does. The idea is to use the homemade soap for about three weeks, then take a week and use Tide or whatever. I am making it myself tomorrow, we'll see how I do on my own. Then again we'll see if I like it over time.
Tuesday we had our weekly playgroup, or Talkative Tuesday. I love it, I love hanging out with my friends, while our kids play. Audrey is at that stage, where I can't let her just go play, so a play group is real beneficial for her right now. I really enjoy the break in monotony of the normal week. It is therapeutic to be among women who share your same worries and troubles, I love those women ( and you know who you are) and I love Tuesday's.
Mutual was fun on Wednesday - the youth had their own Halloween party or Octoberfest Party, as they wanted it called. It was absolute craziness, but I loved it. I have some young women, that just go completely Ga Ga, when we have the boys there. We had some inactive young men show up, twins, who are quite cute, and some of our girls just went berzirk.
I voted on Thursday, early voting, got it out of the way, don't think I will change my mind in the next four days before the official voting day. Chris feels it is very important for me to vote, I do as well, but my vote kind of counts as two. Because Chris does not have the opportunity to vote, though he still pays taxes and is accountable to our laws, he makes sure that I take advantage of that right. By the way, I am not complaining, yes he could choose to become a citizen, but that is entirely his decision. I will support whatever decision he chooses.
I am looking forward to Super Saturday in a couple of days, I enjoy doing crafts. I am making a Family Home Evening Board, and Christmas Crackers. Then of course, Young Women's in Excellence is on Sunday. I feel ready for it, a little stressed, but nothing to lose sleep over. I think we have a good program. I am not one to have silly themes like "The Jungle" or "Oscar Night." I keep it on the spiritual side, because I get more inspired that way, and it just feels right. So our theme is "Strengthen Home and Family." We have been studying and working on memorizing "The Family; A Proclamation to the World," I had every intention to have the whole thing memorized, but then I had my miscarriage and I really lost interest in doing so. But, I have tried really hard this last week, to become very familiar with certain paragraphs - Hey, I do what I can do.
Time for some pictures - I have every intention to use this blog as more of a journal, that everyone has access to. And since I don't scrapbook, I would like to fill my book with pictures. Here are some fun ones.
3 comments:
I love reading your journals.. and seeing pictures.. You are really an inspiration to me.. Jack and his little buddy are so cute.. I bet you were so proud of him during the program. enjoy your Halloween. Have a great night..
Reading your post tonight really made me feel better. I've been feeling like maybe I'm not doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do in Enrichment and maybe I'm just doing what I want to do. But when I see that you have listed 3 Enrichment Activities in your week and you enjoy them, that confirms to me that I am listening. So thank you!
It sounds like you are doing really well. I'm happy for you. What a wonderful Mom you are to your cute family. They are so blessed to have you.
How would it be to have a a child sing durning the primary program hmmm! One month till Vegas baby!
Post a Comment